Personal Information Collected
In general when you visit our Web sites and access information you remain anonymous. We do not require you to register or provide personal information to us to view our site. There are occasions when we will ask for additional information. We do this to better understand and respond to your needs, and provide you with services that may be valuable to you. For example, personally identifiable information will be collected in order for you to become a member of the National Trust online. Member restricted portions of web sites may require additional personal information, which will be used only in accordance with the terms of membership.
Use of Information
Personally identifiable information is made available to other non-profit organizations and occasionally to for-profit organizations unless you request otherwise. Whether or not you choose to share your information will have no impact on your interaction with us.
- Regular members of the National Trust may choose a confidentiality option by calling the Member Service Center (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET) at 1-800-315-NTHP or by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Members of National Trust Forum and customers of Preservation Books may choose a confidentiality option by calling 202-588-6296 (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET) or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Registrants for the National Preservation Conference may choose a confidentiality option by calling 1-800-944-6847 (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET) or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Members of the National Main Street Center may choose a may choose a confidentiality option by calling 202-588-6219 (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET) or by e-mailing email@example.com.
You may also write each program at:
National Trust for Historic Preservation
1785 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20036
We will not provide any of your personal information to other organizations if you elect a confidentiality option. We do not share information with organizations without privacy policies.
Security of Your Credit Card Information
The credit card services on the National Trust Web Site are provided by CyberSource through a link to their site. That site is governed by the CyberSource Corporation.
If you do not wish to use these online services, payments may be made by contacting the appropriate program.
- To join National Trust or to make a contribution, call the Member Service Center Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET at 1-800-315-NTHP or visit http://www.nationaltrust.org/join to obtain forms that can be printed out and faxed in.
- To join National Trust Forum, visit http://forum.nationaltrust.org/ and follow the directions.
- To order from Preservation Books, visit http://www.preservationbooks.org/ and choose “Ordering Information” from the left side of the page in order to obtain a printable form.
- To register for the National Preservation Conference, visit https://www.nthpconference.org/ to obtain the necessary forms.
- To join the National Main Street Center, call 202-588-6219 (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Third-Party Web Sites
We provide many links to third party web sites existing outside of the National Trust. Since we do not control the content or functionality of these web sites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these third-party web sites. Any link from http://nationaltrust.org/ to such a third-party web site does not denote an affiliation with the web site or an endorsement of its viewpoint(s) or mission(s).
Use of E-Mail Addresses
If you provide the National Trust with your e-mail address, you may elect the confidentiality option. If you elect the confidentiality option, we will not share the address with other organizations, unless you have otherwise authorized us to do so. Specialized listserves may also be subject to additional policies concerning the use of e-mail addresses.
If at any time you wish to be removed from one of our email lists, contact the list manager.
- To unsubscribe from Forum-L, send a blank e-mail message to:
- To unsubscribe from Books Bulletin, send a blank e-mail message to:
Children’s Private Policy
The National Trust’s website is not directed to, nor does it have knowledge of, visitors under 13 years of age. We are committed to protecting children’s privacy and we will monitor our website and its users to make sure that their privacy is protected. If we begin marketing to children on-line and we are aware that those children are under the age of 13, the National Trust will take steps to fully comply with the Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU) and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA). To learn more about both of these programs see: http://www.caru.org/ and http://www.coppa.org/.
If you have any questions concerning this policy, please contact us. You can help the National Trust maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your address, title, phone number or email address.
- Regular members should call the Member Service Center at 1-800-315-NTHP or e-mail email@example.com.
- Members of National Trust Forum and customers of Preservation Books should call 202-588-6296 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org ormailto:email@example.com.
- Registrants for the National Preservation Conference should call 1-800-944-6847 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Members of the National Main Street Center should call 202-588-6219 or e-mail email@example.com.
Document Version 1.062705